Ozzy thinks you should give yourself a treat this lunchtime! Here is his tried and tested muffin cake recipe, perfect for spring time!
• 35g of plain flour • ¼ tsp baking powder • pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp maple syrup • 2 tbsp milk • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 – 3 tbsp frozen blueberries
Fresh blueberries and mint
1. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
2. Whisk in the milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until all ingredients are combined and the batter has no lumps.
3. Fold in the frozen blueberries.
4. Pour batter into a microwave safe mug. Make sure your mug has enough space at the top to allow for any rising that may occur.
5. Place a paper towel underneath your mug in the microwave to catch any batter that may overflow then microwave for 80 seconds on high (please note this was tested in a 950 watts microwave oven – if yours differs, adjust the cooking time accordingly by 10 seconds).
6. Remove from the microwave, leave to stand for a minute or two then top with some fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint!
Enjoy, and dont forget to show us some photos of your creations!