Our Ozzy really does love a good excuse to celebrate, and Valentines Day is no exception. People around the country will be buying cards and presents. The post office will be extra busy, and maybe a few office romances might start.
Whilst you’re picking out which flowers to send our little Octopus why not check out his 5 facts about Valentine’s day.
- Every year, more than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolates are sold across the country, that’s a lot of extra postage and packaging!
- February 14th is the second largest card giving day of the year, just after Christmas
- The first Valentine`s Day candy box was invented by Richard Cadbury in the late 19th century, proving the power of chocolate is long lasting
- Saint Valentine is the patron saint of lovers and engaged couples. He is also the patron saint of epilepsy (which he is said to have suffered), plague, greetings, travellers, young people, and beekeepers.
- Teachers receive the most valentine’s day cards, followed by parents and children.